11 Simple Weight Loss Tips
While everyone knows healthy eating and exercise is the formula that takes them where they want to be, Vidazorb® chewable probiotics have come up with a few tips that will make losing the weight a little easier.
1. Deal with food cravings. When a craving comes on, try to distract yourself—take a walk, write a couple of emails, make a phone call. After 20 minutes, reevaluate the situation. You may find that the craving has subsided. If not, then drink some water or have a small, healthy snack.
2. Snack healthy. Sometimes the craving won’t go away, so in those situations, seek out a healthy snack. Some of our favorite choices are air-popped popcorn, pistachios, fresh raw vegetable or a little fresh fruit - avoid fruits that are high in sugar.
3. Be a heavy drinker. Water is essential for keeping the body hydrated and we’re actually more likely to retain “water weight” by not drinking enough of it rather than by having too much. The needs of each person will be different, but the general recommended daily amount is 64oz.
4. Less salt. Salt might be a big contributor to why the numbers on the scale aren’t going down. The average American consumes twice the amount the human body should have, leading to weight gain, bloating and the inability to lose stubborn pounds. So how much is too much salt? The current thinking is roughly 1500 mg per day, and it helps to know the amount of salt in what you eat. For example:
- One cup of Cheerios – 273 mg of sodium
- One tablespoon bleu cheese dressing – 167 mg
- Subway 6″ Honey Mustard Melt – 1590 mg
- One tablespoon of soy sauce – 1000 mg
5. More fiber. Fiber is your friend, not only does it promote regularity, it’s essential in helping your probiotic bacteria maintain a healthy gut ecology. Since your body doesn’t digest it, fiber adds satisfying bulk to food. Also, it takes longer to work its way out of your system, meaning you feel fuller, longer. Whole grains, fruits, vegetables and beans are great sources of fiber.
6. Chew your probiotics. We’ve all been hearing about probiotics for overall health, this includes assisting with weight loss. An important part in losing weight is to ensure your digestive system is working properly. Although be careful, because popular methods of getting probiotics, such as eating yogurt, don’t always offer enough CFUs or can load on the calories, so try a supplement such as Vidazorb® chewable probiotics.
7. Exercise: A little goes a long way. We recommend that you workout at least three times a week, but with busy schedules, it’s easy to miss a session. Try to plan out your week in advance, if you realize you won’t have time for three days, try breaking it down into shorter sessions. Even if you only get in 20 minutes, that’s better than nothing.
8. Slow it down. Sometimes we mistake our fork for a shovel. Remember to eat slowly—this will allow your stomach time to let your brain know that you’re full. This will help decrease overeating! Try to put your fork down between bites, this should help buy some time.
9. Get support. Obviously working with a nutritionist is a great way to stay on track, although if that isn’t an option, seek out the support of an online group, such as SparkPeople. It’s a great way to keep yourself accountable.
10. Remember that diets are temporary. Losing weight isn’t about being on a diet, it’s about a lifestyle change. Instead of saying you’re on a diet, just say you’re changing up your lifestyle—it will keep you in the right mindset.
11. Rest Up. Sleep loss has been shown to affect the secretion of cortisol, a hormone that regulates appetite. As a result, you may continue to feel hungry despite adequate food intake. So try to get a good seven to eight hours sleep a night, it will play a big part in managing body weight.
Vidazorb Chewable Probiotics Beat the Bloat and Boost Beach-Body Confidence
While there may be unwanted pounds that we all would love to shed, the fact is, focusing on feeling better and controlling our bodies may be the overall key to having the utmost confidence on the beach this season. As spring hits, the normal gut reaction is to jump in to a crazy weight loss regimen to get in swimsuit shape—while fad diets may quickly shed pounds, some can backfire, causing unnecessary binges, stomach upsets and skin breakouts. Instead of throwing our bodies into extreme diet mode, why not make 2012 the year to focus on feeling great and embracing a healthy lifestyle as the best way to be ready for summer?
The Vidazorb Diary of a Lifetime Dieter
I have been on a perpetual diet for as long as I can remember and the really annoying thing is, I don’t eat anywhere near as much as some people I know and for the most part I eat very healthfully.
So what’s the secret, the magic bullet to the perfect body? There is none. Some are born luckier than others when it comes to weight and most of us really have to work at it – everyday.
A Fit Blogger Reviews Vidazorb!
For 30 days, I tried the Vidazorb +OPC Daily Age Defense Probiotic Chewable Tablets in Pomegranate Flavor, and for another 30 days I tried Vidazorb Super C Probiotic Chewable Tablets, Orange Pineapple Flavor. Three pills a day, taken at breakfast, lunch and dinner. They didn’t taste bad, albeit a tad chalky. They didn’t require refrigeration, which was super nice, too. And although they have a high price tag of $30-plus for a bottle, I think the research behind probiotics is worth justifying the price—especially if you’re lactose intolerant or aren’t a big yogurt eater. While I didn’t notice huge benefits at first, after a month of taking these, my digestive track did start working like freakin’ clockwork (Oh, hello 8 a.m.!) and despite those around me getting colds, I’ve been darn healthy all season. So all in all, me likey!
The Importance of Probiotics
How important are probiotic bacteria? Well, without a balanced ecology of helpful bacteria in our gut, we won’t feel well, we’ll slow down, become “susceptible,” get ill, and just plain feel ‘crappy.’ If the ecology really comes undone, we can become quite ill even unto death. Yes, the presence of probiotic bacteria in our gut ecology is that essential to our very existence! It doesn’t matter if you’re a vegetarian eating only organic food or a biblical host eating manna from heaven, if you don’t have the bugs you need it won’t matter. Fortunately, the bugs we need have a symbiotic love affair with our GI tracts and so, with a little bit of help from probiotic supplements, we can help keep our digestive and immune systems humming along like a celestial choir.
Looking for Healthy Recipes?
Check out some of our favorites!