Vidazorb Probiotics- Ten Tips for a Healthy Belly
In the hustle and bustle of a busy life it’s all too easy to forget about your belly. With just a few simple tweaks it’s possible to start feeling even better from the inside out. As we like to say here at Vidazorb® – You Are What You Absorb! Here are our top ten tips for your “better belly”:
- Hydrate – It takes a conscious effort to consume an adequate amount of water, but substituting all beverages throughout the day with water is a smart move. Proper hydration ensures the ideal temperament of the stomach and generally makes you feel better.
- Probiotics – Probiotics are key to a good gut! Not only do they aid in proper digestion and nutrient absorption, studies show that the benefits of probiotics extend throughout the body!
- Rule out any allergies – If you are experiencing any discomfort, be sure to consult a phsyician. Allergens affect each of us differently and some allergies are so mild they only affect one specific area of our bodies.
- Eat better – Be conscious of what you eat and how you eat. A few rules of thumb:
- Don’t eat too fast
- Eat smaller meals more often
- Fresh, colorful food is best – whole grains, lean protein, fruits & vegetables
- Be careful of food that is too hot or frozen
- Avoid processed food – too much sodium and chemicals
- Beware the Booze – Alcohol may wreak havoc on your stomach while you’re drinking, but too much alcohol can also generate excessive acid production in the stomach. Watch out for carbonated drinks, they can be especially bad and pack on unwanted weight.
- Beat Stress – There’s a good reason that you feel tension in your stomach – it’s closely linked to your emotions. Too much anger or stress and you may well end up with an ulcer.
- Danger foods – Sodium, artificial sweeteners and beans/lentils are all common contributors to bloating that not everybody can easily digest. If you suffer from bloating often, make a conscious effort to monitor your intake of these items.
- No Smoking – Besides the more obvious health risks of smoking, this nasty habit may weaken the muscles of your throat, diaphragm and esophagus, which may make for a bad case of acid reflux.
- Exercise – This one is a no-brainer. But we understand, every little bit of motivation to get you working out helps!
- In Case of Emergency – A daily probiotic regimen should help alleviate any dramatic stomach accidents or incidences, but two of our other favorite quick fixes are a teaspon of oilve oil or a cup of peppermint tea.
Let us know about your Better Belly tips!