Beltsville, MD, January 2011 — Each New Year many Americans determine that this is the year, the year that they’re going to lose weight and finally meet their dress-size goals. While everyone knows healthy eating and exercise is the formula that takes them where they want to be, Vidazorb® chewable probiotics have come up with a few tips that will make losing the weight a little easier.
1. Deal with food cravings. When a craving comes on, try to distract yourself—take a walk, write a couple of emails, make a phone call. After 20 minutes, reevaluate the situation. You may find that the craving has subsided.
2. Snack healthy. Sometimes the craving won’t go away, so in those situations, seek out a healthy snack. Some of our favorite choices are air-popped popcorn, pistachios or Kamut® wheat puff cakes.
3. Be a heavy drinker. Water is essential for keeping the body hydrated and we’re actually more likely to retain “water weight” by not drinking enough of it rather than by having too much. The needs of each person will be different, but the general recommended daily amount is 64oz.
4. Less salt. Salt might be a big contributor to why the numbers on the scale aren’t going down. The average American consumes twice the amount the human body should have, leading to weight gain, bloating and the inability to lose stubborn pounds.
5. More fiber. Fiber actually makes calories disappear. Since your body doesn’t digest it, fiber adds satisfying bulk to food. Also, it takes longer to work its way out of your system, meaning less hunger. Whole-wheat pasta or Kellogg’s All-Bran are great for fiber.
6. Chew your probiotics. We’ve all been hearing about probiotics for overall health, this includes assisting with weight loss. An important part in losing weight is to ensure your digestive system is working properly. Although be careful, because popular methods of getting probiotics, such as eating yogurt, don’t always offer enough CFUs or can load on the calories, so try a supplement such as Vidazorb® chewable probiotics.
7. Exercise: A little goes a long way. We recommend that you workout at least three times a week, but with busy schedules, it’s easy to miss a session. Try to plan out your week in advance, if you realize you won’t have time for three days, try breaking it down into shorter sessions. Even if you only get in 20 minutes, that’s better than nothing.
8. Slow it down. Sometimes we mistake our fork for a shovel. Remember to eat slowly—this will allow your stomach time to let your brain know that you’re full. This will help decrease overeating! Try to put your fork down between bites, this should help buy some time.
9. Get support. Obviously working with a nutritionist is a great way to stay on track, although if that isn’t an option, seek out the support of an online group, such as SparkPeople. It’s a great way to keep yourself accountable.
10. Remember that diets are temporary. Losing weight isn’t about being on a diet, it’s about a lifestyle change. Instead of saying you’re on a diet, just say you’re changing up your lifestyle—it will keep you in the right mindset.
11. Rest Up. Recent studies show that making sure you have plenty of sleep will play a big part in managing body weight, adding to the term “beauty rest”. Be sure to get at least seven hours a night.
Vidazorb® represents the development of superior shelf-stable, chewable probiotic formulations to provide essential support for core health needs. Research and development, together with a commitment to quality and efficacy, defines Vidazorb® as a brand of integrity and excellence. For more information, visit www.Vidazorb.com. For engaging, kid-friendly probiotic information, visit www.Zorbee.com. To learn more about the importance of, and science supporting, probiotics, visit www.YouAreWhatYouAbsorb.com. Vidazorb® can be purchased online at vidazorb.com and drugstore.com.